Tuesday 5 February 2013

A New Blog

Well this may be the latest New Years Resolution ever..

I own frankly a lot of very lovely outdoor gear that for the most parts sits in boxes in my garage and does not get used as much as it deserves.

This blog is an attempt to embarrass me into taking the gear (and myself) out for more mountaineering and other outdoor shenanigans. I need to Wear Gear Out..... Get it (some people will hate me for that)

To this end I have set my self a challange, in 2013 I will be attempting to climb a new 2000 meter or over mountain in New Zealand every month and hope to manage 12 in the year.

I will write these up so I can be called out on their potential lack of existence and it will also be a option for me to learn the skill of blogging (what ever that means). As far as blogging goes I have always wanted to try and log the outdoor activities I do and the lets say.... loose style of writing afforded by blogging seems a suitable way of achieving this. Also the blog can act as a inspirational gallery of the sort of mediocre photography and movie making that can be achieved in the digital age.

I obviously have a bit of catching up to do with it being February already but that's for another post.



No comments:

Post a Comment